friends of younger times...

I feared life... 

and I took refuge in my friendships... my friends... 

did we all fear life and our flight brought us together? 

Did we silently dream together?

          we laughed and there was so much merriment...

               and the MUSIC... OH, THE MUSIC! We sang the songs no one sang. 

We were hiding from life in the spotlight! Was I creating an illusion for my life? 

Some will never escape this life and will sit with Great Charlotte in God's Waiting Room... there he stands; is that a dry smile under his shadowy robed hood? 

Did we escape our illusion to create an illusion that seems more acceptable?

        where do I take refuge? In what has been made real? I want the laughter back... I want the music back... I want to sing the old songs! I want the old ways to be the new ways... but this is a fool's errand... then I will live my dying days as a fool. 



Comments