Anxiety

Speaker of insight, tell me of anxiety?

I have often thought, why I was anxious in my youth and I know the answer...

Tell me?

I can tell you my story of anxieties and how they have faded over time, until one morning I gave up on them all, the narrative that wanted to govern me was released.

Narrative?

The voice that is geared to the external.. the easiess, the desires of the heart that lay outside of me.

And his arms stretched around him

But these externals

And his arms stretched around him

Are necessary...? 

There are somethings that are essential.  But it goes the other way. It is knowing what is essential.... essential for the internal. The deep side of the self that wishes to rest in stillness... and in that a silence we recognise the vibrations we send, the frequency that enable others to hear us, this is a  different listening....

Teach me how to listen differently?

Listening, is a language in itself... it is a language of God.

Teach me this language?

Indeed I will. The only lesson you will need to know is this......

And he took my hand, and placed my palm on my heart. And with his other he brushed my face and my eyes closed. I felt the warmth of his holding. His hand held upon mine and together I felt my beating heart. Together I felt his pulse in his hand. And there was a moment no words were spoken. There was a moment of unbrokenness...

................

................

And then I understood.





Comments