Beneath the Canopy


I stood beneath the sprawling green,

And looked up to the woven sky,

Where branches, twigs, and leaves entwine,

In patterns only nature knows.

 

The shadows danced, a quiet maze,

Of thoughts and paths that twisted so,

Each branch a burden, each leaf a doubt,

That I had failed to see below.

 

Your trials, like these tangled boughs,

Reached out in ways I couldn’t trace,

I held the weight of distant woes,

But missed the roots that gave them grace.

 

I moved too quick, too blind to pause,

To understand the shape you held,

A forest deep within your soul,

Where I, a wanderer, misspoke.

 

Forgive me, friend, for I am lost,

Within the green that’s yours alone,

I tried to climb, but fell instead,

And added to the weight you’ve known.

 

Now, as I gaze upon these leaves,

I see the weave, the gentle threads,

Of life that binds, of pain that grows,

In ways my heart could not have guessed.

 

So here beneath this shaded dome,

I seek no answers, just your grace,

To learn the ways your branches bend,

And offer peace within this place.


Comments