From Here to There

From here to there,

it is only a space...

that space between here and there, 

the space, I find myself in, 

the place between the musical notes, 

the liminal space...

the space of no spaces, 

the expanse of no time, and no place, 

It is a land of no name, between here and there. 


The vastness of the horizon pauses my steps, 

I am held so loftily between here and there, 

held but so vulnerable to the winds of uncertainty... 


I know I have to be There, 

but it was right in this place I had to be... 

It was Somewhere. 


In my pause, my halt, I dare not go There, for the fear

of that land... a land of unknowing. 


The seagull cries over head, did I hear him cry my name... did he wink? 

The wind catches my coat, and tells me to fly... This life is so hard

and so I choose to say goodbye. 

Comments