Into the Storm

Before or after, I can't recall,

All I know is the fragile now.

The storm rages with savage fury,

My broken self, battered by others and I.

 

I turned to find no one, silhouettes outside the storm,

Half turned or back to me?

 

Joys of life evade this turbulent cradle,

Chaos swirls, aurora borealis manifests... if only I could see!

 

The wind burns like the flames of my anguish,

Snow melts into fiery droplets of lava.

 

I can't remember the moments that changed me,

But I recall the heartbreak that sparked the shift,

And for the pain I caused, I'll weep a thousand years.

 

In the maelstrom of my actions, I walk,

Hands and knees, feeling weighed down,

Yet a light shines, the light of God,

Not within the storm, but deep in my being, I hear the silence.

 

Amidst the storm's blustering sounds,

A still voice whispers...

 

Holding onto that still voice, I find myself

In the presence of the divine.

 

From the storm, I don't remember emerging,

Nor the processional of my pain,

But I remember feeling alone.

 

Now, in the storm of my life, I hear the divine voice.

 

Come storms, rage with fury, hate, bitterness, and pain,

Break me with your desire.

 

For I will walk into the storm knowing,

With the still voice of God in my heart, soul, and mind,

And in your image, in the cradle of a storm, I'll be reborn.

 

 


 

 

 

 

Comments