the loss of innocence

What is innocence, indeed?

 

Is it purity of being, untarnished and free?

The consummation of obedience, bending the knee?

Does it lie in the rules that govern our ways,

Or in the parameters that define our days?

 

Whose authority leads us, guides us along?

To what sacred source do our morals belong?

Was innocence lost when we strayed from the divine,

As claimed by ancient texts that stand the test of time?

 

The world yearns for a beacon, a new light to unveil,

To liberate us from dogmas that have grown old and frail.

 

With a sigh of relief, I unburden my breast,

And ascend to a New Mount, where new paths manifest.

 

A higher plane of wisdom, a new way to explore,

I stand upon this mountaintop, and with hope, I implore.

 

Amen.

 

Comments

silent.john said…
I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. Daniel fasting prayer