Everdream

I had caught the essence of my dream,

stilling the anxiety in my turbulent heart.

It cured the lingering loneliness,

making me courageously full of my being.

 

The universe slowed and raced into eternity.

My shaking Mind!

 

My eyes filled with aching sorrow,

my heart pained by a timeless guilt.

 

I faltered!

 

The essence went with the North Wind.

The colours of twilight transformed my horizon.

 

And there was that centurion of the Imperial Order.

It's eyes aflame with falsity and convention,

Its sword frosted with the indiscriminate innocent souls,

warped on its shattered edges!

 

At its feet, she lay broken.

She that flows through all those with pure thoughts of truth!

Her blindfold in the wind.......

 

Clutching in her hand was my dream...

 

My hand reached hers and I spiralled into the twilight air,

And the stars swirled and rotated into a robe of dreams.

 

Landing squarely before the Centurion,

Its blade fell upon me.

 

But my dreams are blade proof as the blade shattered into stardust.

I plucked its fiery eyes with an intake of my breath.

And I breathed her voice of truth,

then the Centurion melted like meteorites entering the atmosphere.


And within my clasped hand was my Everdream.


Comments