That Jolly Fat Man!

He brought my dreams to me and love in my heart!

IT IS a time of family and friends gathering in warmth, 
IT IS a time of giving and receiving in the hope of something greater, 
IT IS a time of merriment and GOOD CHEER! 
IT IS a time of reflection, with that wry smile and a tear in the eye, we think of those long ago's. 

IT IS a time of HOPE, FAITH & LOVE!

He brought my dreams to me and love in my heart, 
as I hurried down those stairs, excitement beating triumphantly!   
A moment pause, all the promises behind that door, 
my hand instinctively turning the living room light on, 
The glint and sparkle of the wrapping paper, the abundance of gifts on the floor! 
I smile with gladness and delight, but in thought, 
knowing how my parents were poor,
the abundance was for their children's delight! 

Giving, without thought for themselves. 

Hoping for better days! 

They brought my dreams to me and love in their hearts...
As I slept every day throughout the year! 
But the culmination of their love was in That Jolly Fat Man! 















Comments