The Prayer

Painting by Lorraine Rigby. 2016
The temple space wraps me in a cloak of kindness,
my eyes become heavy as I enter into eternity.....

The first breadth is heavy, the first release lets go and that...
that moment that has held me down in this time......

The temple shaman breaks the silence with words....
words dream't up in solitude and deep stillness....

The pause between the words... is the breath of God,
The moment between sacredness is eternity it self.

The words ring meaning and purpose ........
as God slips next to me, his divinity shoulders my pain...................................

The breadth becomes paced, a loftiness reaches within,
Our breadth is caught off guard, the tear falls uninhibited.

In the stillness the deep self resides in the unknowing...
And God smiles beckoning us further into our true self.....the deep self

I am shaken...the fear of the unknown,
fear of the truth that lies in all our hearts... deep within.

The real me!

I am spun round.......
I am thrown to the ground.......
I am kicked and battered by the others.......

Please...hear my prayer! I am one of you!

The violence of tongue and fist are held in this...this...this chaos,
where prayer has not been found.

The temple are in ruins....
The prayer book scattered between rocks of toil...

But there you will find me........ intoxicated in prayer...

Waiting for you to join me....

Amen.

Comments